You’re going to love the taste of this delicious Vegan Brownies recipe. They’re moist and yummy and the result is a super Vegan Fudgy Brownie. End your dinner with this delicious vegan dessert that is certain to put a smile on your face.Jump to Recipe
There’s a common misconception out there that vegans can’t enjoy brownies. I’m here to prove that’s just not the case. Not only can you enjoy a brownie here and there but you can make them homemade as well.
It’s true what they say…there’s nothing like a warm delicious brownie at the end of a very long day. This vegan brownie recipe is great to make for a long weekend at home or to bake up and share with your family and friends.
How to make this Vegan Brownies Recipe
Gather up your list of vegan-friendly ingredients to get started!
- 1 3/4 cup ap flour
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (melted)
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
How to make these fudgy Vegan Brownies
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×11 pan.
In a measuring bowl combine the milk and apple cider vinegar set aside and allow to sit for about 5 minutes this will make sour milk. In a mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix to combine and set aside.
In another mixing bowl combine the melted vegan butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until the sugar has dissolved.
Add the butter-sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and slowly mix in the sour milk mixture. Stir to combine. Once that is combined fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
Add the dough to the greased pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
How do you make vegan brownies from scratch?
This recipe shows you just that. It’s not hard to make vegan brownies from scratch and as long as you have all vegan-friendly ingredients, the outcome is going to be delicious.
Is there a taste difference between vegan brownies and regular brownies?
I really don’t feel that there is. Some people might say that the texture is a bit different but I think that the taste is still very similar. The nut milk that is used in place of regular milk really does a great job of adding in moisture and flavor.
How do you store these Vegan Brownies once cooked?
To keep them as fresh as possible you’re going to want to store them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. If you prefer to eat your brownies warm, just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before eating.
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Fudgy Brownies
- 1 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar** (see notes)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup Plant milk
- 1 cup Chocolate chips* (see notes)
- 1 cup Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Grease a 9×11 pan.
- In a measuring bowl combine the milk and balsamic vinegar set aside and allow to sit for about 5 minutes this will make sour milk.1 1/2 cup Plant milk, 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Mix to combine and set aside.1 3/4 cup All-purpose flour, 1 cup Cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- In another mixing bowl combine the melted vegan butter, sugar, and vanilla and beat until the sugar has dissolved.1/2 cup butter (melted), 1 3/4 cup Sugar** (see notes), 1 tsp Vanilla
- Add the butter-sugar mixture to the dry ingredients and slowly mix in the sour milk mixture. Stir to combine.
- Once that's been combined fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts to the vegan brownie batter.1 cup Chocolate chips* (see notes), 1 cup Walnuts
- Add the batter to the greased pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make sure the chocolate chips you use are vegan. They will be made without cow milk.