Vegan Baked Ziti is an easy and quick dinner that is ready to enjoy in just 25 minutes. This 6-ingredient pasta dinner recipe is a filling option that the whole family will love. Serve alongside some Vegan Dinner Rolls and Vegan Caesar Salad for a dinner that will feed a crowd.Jump to Recipe
In our house, fall means quick and easy dinners. I normally turn to quick soup recipes or pasta dinners. This Vegan Baked Ziti will be loved by all. Ready in under 30 minutes and full of flavor you can’t go wrong.
I used some Impossible Meat to add a bit of protein and the addition of some vegan mozzarella takes this incredibly easy dinner to the next level.
Table of contents
Ingredients to Make Vegan Baked Ziti
This recipe uses 6 ingredients plus salt and pepper. In a pinch, you could even skip adding in the onion and garlic since this recipe calls for jarred marinara sauce. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Vegan Impossible Meat – Any vegan meat substitute will work.
- Vegan mozzarella cheese
- Ziti pasta – you can use any style of pasta.
- Marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Vegan Baked Ziti
This vegan baked ziti comes together really quickly. Check out the recipe card for the full recipe and added tips and tricks. Here’s how to make this simple pasta bake:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil then boil the pasta to the package suggestion (about 10 minutes)
- Add the vegan meat, diced onion, and minced garlic to a saucepan. Cook until the meat substitute has browned and the onion and garlic are cooked. Season with salt and pepper. **To prevent the meat substitute mixture from sticking add a bit of water to the pan. This will deglaze the pan and remove any sticking parts.
- Once the meat substitute mixture has cooked, add the marinara sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add it to a casserole dish.
- Add the sauce mixture to the pasta, stir to combine.
- Top with vegan mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
The best way I have found is, once the meat substitute starts to brown and stick to the bottom, add a small amount of water or veggie broth to the saucepan. Using a wooden spoon scrape the sticking parts up. It comes up really easily. Continue this process as needed.
I used a 9×13 casserole dish for this recipe. I wouldn’t recommend anything smaller as the dish was full.
Yes! You can use any brand of meat substitute, lentils, or any of your favorite beans. You can also leave it out completely.
Cover and store the vegan baked ziti in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes! To freeze this skip the baking step and make sure it’s well covered to prevent freezer burn. When you’re ready to serve this, removed the cover and allow the dish to thaw. You may need to bake it longer if the dish isn’t completely thawed. Store for up to 3 months.
You can reheat the vegan baked ziti in the microwave or in the oven. If you’re reheating it in the oven be sure to cover it so it doesn’t brown too much.
Other comfy vegan recipes
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Baked Ziti
- 1 lb Impossible Meat you can use your favorite vegan meat substitute
- 1 cup Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lb Ziti Pasta
- 1 jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the ziti per package instructions.1 lb Ziti Pasta
- In a saucepan, cook the vegan meat substitute, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until they're cooked. See notes for ways to prevent sticking and substitutions.1 medium Onion, 2 cloves Garlic, 1 lb Impossible Meat
- Season with salt and pepper.1/2 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Add the jar of marinara.1 jar Marinara Sauce
- Drain the pasta and add it to a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Top the pasta with the sauce mixture. Stir to combine.
- Top the pasta mixture with vegan mozzarella.1 cup Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve with salad and bread.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on @Instagram and follow on Pinterest and Facebook for more!
Comments & Reviews
I’ve made this several times. Easy to make and delicious!