Easy to make these Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes are so delicious. Tastes just like the classic they’re moist and fluffy and topped with creamy vegan buttercream frosting.Jump to Recipe
I’m a lover of anything chocolate! These vegan chocolate cupcakes taste just like the classic! They’re moist, fluffy, and so easy to make. I topped them with a vegan buttercream frosting.
They’re perfect to make when you’re craving chocolate, cake, or something sweet!
Table of contents
Ingredients to make vegan chocolate cupcakes
To make these vegan chocolate cupcakes, you’ll need some common pantry staples! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cocoa powder
- oat milk
- cider vinegar
- vanilla extract
- grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
- vegan butter or shortening
- powdered sugar
- oat milk
How to make vegan chocolate cupcakes
These cupcakes are so easy to make! For the full recipe check out the recipe card below. Here’s how to make these vegan chocolate cupcakes:
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, oil, sour milk, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stop a few times to stir the ingredients. Finally, stir until all ingredients are well combined.
How to make vegan buttercream frosting
To make this vegan buttercream frosting grab your ingredients and your mixer. Here’s how to make the frosting:
- Place the vegan butter in the bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Add the powdered sugar, and beat until smooth while slowly adding in the oat milk.
No, these vegan chocolate cupcakes taste just like classic chocolate cupcakes.
The secret to fluffy cupcakes is the baking powder and vinegar. They help create bubbles in the batter making the cupcakes moist and fluffy.
More comfy vegan recipes:
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or shortening
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-4 tbsp oat milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare your muffin tin with muffin papers.
- In a small bowl combine the milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for a few minutes to create sour vegan milk.1 cup oat milk, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, oil, sour milk, and vanilla.1 cup oat milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/3 cup grapeseed oil or vegetable oil, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stop a few times to stir the ingredients. Finally stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with cupcake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Vegan Buttercream Frosting
- While the cupcakes are cooling prepare the vegan buttercream frosting.
- In a bowl add the softened vegan butter or shortening1/2 cup vegan butter or shortening
- Slowly mix in the powdered sugar. The mixture will become thick, this is normal.2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix in the vanilla extract.1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add in the oat milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.1-4 tbsp oat milk
- Add the frosting to a piping bag with a tip and pipe frosting to the top of the cooled cupcake.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on @Instagram and follow on Pinterest and Facebook for more!
Leave A Reply!