This Vegan Black Bean Brownies recipe is easy to make, healthy, and super delicious. Made in a food processor clean-up is a breeze. This Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies recipe only needs 10 minutes to prep!Jump to Recipe
Oh boy do I love chocolate! I could eat chocolate every day and not get tired of it. But sometimes I like to enjoy my chocolate in a healthier form like a Smoothie Bowl or these Black Bean Brownies.
These black bean brownies will keep you full for a while and you don’t have to worry about eating the whole pan either. They’re decadent, filling, and will hit that chocolate craving!
Ingredients for Black Bean Brownies
You’ll need a handful of vegan pantry staples to make these vegan black bean brownies. Here’s the full list:
- Cooked Black Beans
- Cocoa Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Sea Salt
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Gluten-Free Flour (or any all-purpose flour if not gluten-free)
How to make Vegan Black Bean Brownies
To make these black bean brownies you’ll need a food processor or you can use a hand blender. Check out the recipe card below for full measurements and instructions. Here’s how to make these brownies:
How to store leftovers?
To store leftover black bean brownies, you’ll want to place them in an air-tight container and place them in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can also store them in the freezer wrapped and covered for up to 3 months.
Are black bean brownies healthy?
Yes! Black beans contain lots of fiber and protein making them healthy to eat.
What do black bean brownies taste like?
These black bean brownies taste like brownies! They are a bit softer than my Fudgy Brownies recipe and are a bit denser.
What can I substitute for black beans in brownies?
You can substitute black beans for kidney beans or white beans. The taste and color will change a bit. If using chickpeas or lentils the texture, taste, and color will be noticeable.
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Black Bean Brownies
- 2 cups Cooked black beans 1 can
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1 Ripe banana
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all of the ingredients except chocolate chips and walnuts in a food processor. Blend until smooth2 cups Cooked black beans, 1/4 cup Cocoa powder, 1 Ripe banana, 1/2 cup Maple Syrup, 1/4 tsp Sea salt, 1/4 cup Coconut oil, 1 tsp Vanilla extract, 1 tsp Baking powder, 1/2 cup Gluten-free flour
- Using a spatula fold in the vegan chocolate chips and walnuts. Reserve a few chocolate chips for the top.1/2 cup Vegan chocolate chips, 1 cup Walnuts
- Line a brownie pan with parchment paper. Pour and extend the batter. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook the black bean brownies for 20 minutes. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on @Instagram and follow on Pinterest and Facebook for more!
Leave A Reply!