Enjoy melt in your mouth Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Using this recipe no one will know that these chocolate chip cookies are vegan. These cookies are simple to make and use common pantry ingredients.Jump to Recipe
This is the ultimate comfort food when you’re in the mood for melty chocolate. Making these chocolate chip cookies vegan is so simple and even the biggest vegan critic will love these chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredient to make these vegan chocolate chip cookies
To make these cookies you’ll need some common vegan pantry staples. Here’s everything you’ll need to make these cookies:
- Vegan butter
- Organic sugar
- Brown sugar
- Flax meal + water
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vegan chocolate chips
How to make vegan chocolate chip cookies?
To make this recipe you’ll want to start with beating the butter and sugars together until the sugar dissolves. Skipping this step may cause your cookies to taste grainy.
How to store chocolate chip cookies?
My family and friends devour the cookies almost as soon as they come out of the oven. But if you’re lucky enough to have some left then it’s important to store them so they don’t go bad. You can store these in an airtight container for up to a week (if they last that long).
Can you make these ahead of time?
Something I love is to have cookie dough ready just in case I or a family member is in the mood for a warm out of the oven cookie, or if we have company. You can make a batch and freeze the dough.
I like to store them in a few different ways.
- In a tube shape wrapped in parchment so I can easily cut a few off and bake them
- In balls in a freezer-safe container
Buying cookie dough at the store is so expensive and you don’t need to make the entire batch. Make a third or half and then freeze the rest!
Are chocolate chips vegan?
Not all chocolate chips are vegan. You will need to read the ingredients to make sure there isn’t any milk added. They are, however, becoming more and more common to find.
Look for allergin-friendly chocolate chips, dairy-free chocolate chips, and semi-sweet.
Where can I buy vegan chocolate?
Most grocery stores sell vegan chocolate. Look for dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and allergy-friendly chocolate.
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Flax meal + 5 tbsp water
- 1 cup Vegan Butter
- 3/4 cup Organic sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Vegan chocolate chips
- 2 cups Walnuts Chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water. Set aside and allow to thicken.2 tbsp Flax meal + 5 tbsp water
- In a mixing bowl add the vegan butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix really well until the sugars have dissolved. This may take a few minutes. The mixture will become light and airy.1 cup Vegan Butter, 3/4 cup Organic sugar, 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- In a different bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine and set aside.2 1/4 cup All-purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder, 1/2 tsp Baking soda, 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add the flax meal mixture to the butter mixture then add the vanilla extract. Mix to combine.2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Do not over-mix this.
- Once the flour mixture has been added fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).2 cups Vegan chocolate chips, 2 cups Walnuts
- Make 1 1/2 inch dough balls and add to a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes or until the edges become brown.