These Vegan Air Fryer Onion Rings are so delicious! Quick and easy to make, these are the best vegan onion rings ever! A little bit spicy and super crispy. If you’ve been craving onion rings, then you need this recipe!Jump to Recipe
Onion rings are hard to find when you are vegan! Recently I was having some serious bar food cravings. So I pulled out my favorite kitchen gadget (my Air Fryer) and got to testing.
I’m not upset that we ate onion rings 6 times in a two-week period until I got the flavors and texture just right. The addition of sriracha sauce really took these vegan onion rings over the top!
Ingredients to make vegan air fryer onion rings
This recipe takes just a few common vegan pantry staples. Here’s everything you’ll need to make these tasty vegan onion rings:
- Bread Crumbs
- Garlic Powder
- Plant-Based Milk
How do you make vegan air fryer onion rings?
Making these vegan onion rings in the air fryer is very simple. Check out the recipe card below for the full list of ingredients and instructions. Here’s how to make these vegan onion rings:
What kind of onions should I use?
For this recipe, I used valencia onions however, any large yellow onion will do. You will want to use a large onion with thick rings so it will keep its shape.
Can you make onion rings without eggs?
Yes! It’s so simple the vegan milk and all-purpose flour mixture make a great base for this vegan onion ring recipe.
How do you make onion rings crispy in an air fryer?
The best way to make them crispy is to allow them to cook for the full 8 minutes. Don’t open the air fryer in between. They won’t overcook and will come out perfectly crispy.
What dipping sauces go well?
For this recipe, there are so many different sauces you can use. Here are my favorites:
- Creamy BBQ Sauce
- Creamy Sriracha Sauce
- Vegan Honey Mustard
- Vegan Thousand Island
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Air Fryer Vegan Onion Rings
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 lg white onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup plant-based milk I used almond milk
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp pepper divided
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Fill a large bowl 2/3 way with water. Slice the onions into 1/2" slices. Separate the onion layers and place the onions into the water. Soaking the onions is optional, it will result in sweeter onion rings and I do recommend this step.2 lg white onions
- In a large bowl add the flour, plant milk, half the salt and pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and sriracha. Stir to combine.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/3 cup plant-based milk, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tsp pepper
- In a different bowl combine the rest of the salt and pepper and the bread crumbs.1 tsp pepper, 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 1 tsp salt
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Dip an onion ring in the flour and milk mixture. Coat the onion completely.
- Once the onion is completely coated, allow the extra to drip off and then place into the breadcrumb mixture. Coat the onion ring completely with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Work in sets and repeat the process until you have enough onion rings ready to be cooked. Place the onion ring in the air fryer basket and cook for 8 minutes.Repeat this process until all of the onion rings have been cooked.
- To keep your onion rings warm, place in a warm oven (about 200 degree F)