This is the Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe ever! These Dairy-Free Cinnamon Rolls are fluffy, gooey, and so simple to make. Top with vegan cream cheese frosting and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea!Jump to Recipe
Cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite breakfasts. There’s really nothing better than the smell of fresh-baked cinnamon rolls on a Sunday morning.
This recipe is really easy to make and I love to make the dough the night before so we can enjoy this for breakfast. I’ve also served this for dessert from time to time because there are no rules written saying this wouldn’t make a great dessert!
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Ingredients
The ingredients to make this vegan cinnamon rolls recipe is pretty straightforward and uses vegan pantry staples. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Vegan Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Non-Dairy Milk – I used almond milk for this recipe however, I’ve used soy milk and oat milk too and they’ve all worked well.
- Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Making this vegan cinnamon rolls recipe does require a lot of steps but they are really simple to make. They really are worth the work. For the full recipe and instructions jump down to the recipe card. Here’s how to make these cinnamon rolls:
Can I make cinnamon rolls without eggs?
You bet! This recipe comes out fluffy and gooey without the use of eggs! This recipe is completely vegan and even those die-hard meat eaters would never know that these are vegan!
How to store these cinnamon rolls?
Store these vegan cinnamon rolls covered on a counter for up to 2 days. You can also store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3 days. Add them to the microwave before serving for about 30 seconds to warm them back up.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes! This is my preferred way of making these! Follow all of the steps up until baking. Place the ready-made cinnamon rolls in the fridge overnight. Pull them out 30 minutes to an hour before you’re ready to bake. Then bake as recommended.
You can leave the recipe as-is or you can add in some favorite classics like:
- Raisins – I love raisins however, my family isn’t a fan
- Chocolate chips – believe it or not, this is incredible!
- Switch out the cinnamon paste for vegan Nutella!
Other comfort vegan recipes
- Vegan Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe with Fudgy Ganache Frosting
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Vegan Butter, divided
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp Yeast
- 1/2 tps Salt
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- In a saucepan warm the milk, butter, and sugar. Heat until about 110 degrees F. Do not overheat the milk mixture as it will hurt the yeast.1 cup Vegan Butter, divided, 1/4 cup Sugar, 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, part of the flour, and yeast. Stir to combine.3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour, 2 1/4 tsp Yeast, 1/2 tps Salt
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the flour mixture. Stir to combine. The dough will be really sticky at this point.
- Slowly add in the remaining flour and knead until the dough is soft and pliable.3 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- Grease a large bowl and place the dough in the bowl and allow it to rise for about 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, in a small bowl the butter. Add in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine. A paste will be created.1 cup Vegan Butter, divided, 1 cup Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface until it's about 1/2" thick.
- Brush the cinnamon mixture on the dough.
- Roll the dough up and cut them into 2 1/2"-3" slices.
- Place the rolls into a greased 9×11 pan.
- Preheat the oven to 375 and allow the rolls to rise for about 20 minutes.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls until they're golden brown about 30 minutes.
- Mix together the vegan cream cheese, dairy-free milk, and powdered sugar.1 cup Vegan Cream Cheese, 2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Drizzle the frosting over the baked cinnamon rolls and enjoy!