This Vegan Biscuit recipe is a simple recipe that packs a great flavor and texture to your meal. Perfect for a holiday recipe or as a nice snack with your morning cup of coffee or tea. Top with some vegan butter and jam for the ultimate experience.Jump to Recipe
Vegan Biscuit Recipe
It can be hard to find a biscuit recipe that’s vegan-friendly and easy to make. Luckily, I’ve got both for you right here to whip up in no time at all.
One of the best parts about this Vegan Biscuit recipe is that it’s hearty and delicious at the same time. While you can choose to add on some jelly if you want, it’s just as yummy eating it plain or dipping it in a nice warm bowl of soup.
The versatility of this biscuit recipe is what will keep you coming back to it over and over again.
Don’t forget to pair this biscuit up with this Vegan Tabbouleh Salad as well.
Main Ingredients Needed
Vegan biscuits come together really quickly and use common pantry staples. These are buttery and comforting biscuits. All you need to do to get started is to gather the simple ingredients below.
- AP flour – Using ap flour will help your biscuits turn out light, airy, flaky, and soft.
- baking powder
- cream of tartar
- vegan butter
- plant milk like almond milk or soy milk
- apple cider vinegar
How to Make Vegan Biscuits
These vegan biscuits come together really quickly and are so easy to make. Here’s how to make these vegan biscuits:
- In a large bowl stir the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt together.
- Cut the vegan butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add the plant milk. Stir until moistened.
- Turn dough to a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead dough 10-12 times. Lightly roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into round biscuit shapes.
- Add biscuits to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 10 biscuits.
Are these vegan biscuits flaky?
The texture of these vegan biscuits is denser so these aren’t a flaky type recipe. They are great for dipping in soups or eating with your favorite jelly and vegan butter.
Can you freeze this vegan biscuits recipe?
You can. If you have leftovers that you aren’t going to be eating within a few days, put them in a freezer bag and store them for later. The great thing about freezing biscuits is that you can then pull out one at a time to thaw and enjoy as you want.
What toppings go well with vegan biscuits?
There are so many great toppings that you can enjoy. I’ve mentioned jelly and vegan butter, but don’t forget about cinnamon and sugar as well. You could even add some hummus to these biscuits to make it a hearty treat with some protein.
Vegan Biscuit Recipe
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Vegan Butter
- 2/3 Cup Plant Milk I use unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the apple cider vinegar with the plant milk, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar, and salt.
- Cut up the vegan butter into small chunks and then add the butter to the dry ingredients. Then combine the butter with the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the middle of the bowl of the dry ingredients. Then add the plant milk. Using a spatula combine the milk with the flour mixture.
- Dust the counter with some all-purpose flour then roll out the biscuit dough out to about 1" – 1 1/2" thickness. Then using a biscuit cutter, cut out the biscuits. Place the biscuits on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
- Serve with more butter, jam, gravy, or alone. Makes 12 biscuits