This is the Best Vegan Banana Bread recipe ever! A little bit sweet, moist, and with a hint of vanilla this Vegan Banana Bread Recipe will be your new go-to recipe!Jump to Recipe
One of my favorite sweet treats is Banana Bread. Growing up my mother made banana bread all of the time. Some of my favorite memories were coming home from school, and opening the door with the amazing smell of fresh-made banana bread.
This recipe has been adapted from my mother’s recipe making this recipe vegan since her recipe was not.
Ingredients for Vegan Banana Bread
This recipe takes just a handful of pantry staples. For the full recipe and instructions jump down and check out the recipe card.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Flax Egg – This is a combo of flax meal and water. Combine 1 tbsp of flax meal with 2 1/2 tbsp water and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Ripe Bananas
- Grapeseed Oil
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe is so simple to make. You’ll need one bowl and just a few minutes of prep to make this moist and tasty recipe. Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and sugar to the mashed bananas
- Mix the cinnamon and baking powder into the banana mixture.
- Add the all-purpose flour, and mix well.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Add the vegan banana bread dough to a well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.
What can I use instead of eggs?
For this recipe, I use flax meal as the substitute for eggs. However, there are a few other substitutes you could use. Here are a few examples:
- Silken tofu
- Apple sauce
- Vegan yogurt
- Powdered egg substitute + water
How to store banana bread
This recipe is so yummy and goes really quick in my home. If you have some leftovers here’s how you can store the banana bread. Store your vegan banana bread in an air-tight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze banana bread?
Yes! Banana bread does freeze well. Wrap your baked vegan banana bread in parchment paper and then place the loaf inside a freezer bag. Store your loaf of bread in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Ways to serve banana bread
This vegan banana bread is so delicious right out of the oven. Some of my favorite ways to eat this bread are right out of the oven with a small amount of vegan butter on top and right out of the toaster oven as a quick breakfast.
How long do you cook vegan banana bread?
Baking a loaf of vegan banana bread takes about 50 minutes. All ovens are different and could bake in fewer minutes or even a few more minutes.
More Recipes to Try!
If you love this recipe, check out a few more family-tested vegan comfort foods!
- Simple Vegan Granola Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
If you try this recipe, please rate this recipe and leave me a comment. I love hearing from people who try my recipes. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and even subscribe to receive free recipes in your inbox.
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Flax Meal + 2 1/2 tbsp water to make a "flax egg"
- 1 cup Banana (mashed) About 3 medium bananas
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Grape Seed Oil *See Notes
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Walnuts whole or roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bread loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix together 1 tbsp of flax meal and 2 1/2 tbsp of water to create a "flax egg". Set aside.1 tbsp Flax Meal
- In a large bowl mash your bananas.1 cup Banana (mashed)
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the bananas. Mix until combined.1 cup Banana (mashed), 3/4 cup Sugar, 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Add the "flax egg" and the oil to the banana mixture. Stir until combined.1 tbsp Flax Meal, 1/4 cup Grape Seed Oil
- Mix in the cinnamon and baking powder to the banana mixture. Stir until well combined.1 tsp Cinnamon, 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Add in the all-purpose flour. Mix until well combined.1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- Using a spatula, add in the walnuts and fold the batter to combine.1 cup Walnuts
- Pour batter into the greased bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Using a tooth pick, test to make sure the tooth pick comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on @Instagram and follow on Pinterest and Facebook for more!
Leave A Reply!