Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup! This creamy hearty soup is so simple to make and is kid-approved! Roast up a few of your favorite veggies and blend them to creamy perfection. Perfect alongside some homemade bread or a delicious vegan grilled cheese sandwich.Jump to Recipe
There really isn’t anything more comforting than a nice big bowl of tomato soup. I used to live off the canned stuff as a kid. Hold on to your hats because this soup is like 20 steps up from the canned “tomato soup”.
Roasted veggies and can we say garlic are the stars of this show! There is so much flavor from roasting the veggies before blending. This is an oil-free recipe so don’t forget the delicious cashew cream. Not only does it makes this soup oh so creamy it also helps the vitamin absorption!
Ingredients for Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
The ingredient list is minimal and simple but the flavor is incredible. Here’s everything you’ll need to make this amazing soup! Check out the recipe card below for amounts and instructions.
- Red Bell Peppers
- Basil (fresh is best)
- Veggie Bouillon (you can sub veggie broth)
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
So simple to make this is a perfect weeknight dinner. For the full ingredient list and directions check out the recipe card. Here’s how to make this delicious vegan roasted tomato soup:
How to Store the Tomato Soup
Add the vegan roasted tomato soup to an air-tight container and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days. Store the cashew cream in a separate container in the fridge for the same amount of time.
Can you make this soup ahead of time?
Of course! Make this soup ahead of time and store it in the fridge. I haven’t tried storing this in the freezer. If you try this, let me know!
Why the cashew cream?
The cashew cream gives an added creamy note to this soup. This recipe is also oil-free so the cashew cream will help with vitamin absorption.
How to reheat this Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup?
Reheating leftover soup is really simple. You can add it to the microwave or on the stovetop.
What to serve this with
I love to serve this with a delicious vegan grilled cheese sandwich. It also goes well with caesar salad, garden salad, vegan grilled cheese sandwich, a loaf of homemade bread, or store-bought crusty sourdough bread.
Other Comfy Vegan Recipes
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Roasted Tomato Soup
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 2 medium Carrots
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Veggie Bouillon You can sub 2 cups of veggie broth then reduce the water to 2 cups.
- 2 1/4 cups Water divided
- 1/4 cup Raw Cashews
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Roughly chop up the tomatoes, carrots, and bell pepper. Place chopped veggies on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Add the garlic cloves.2 medium Tomatoes, 2 medium Carrots, 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, 4 cloves Garlic
- Roast for 25 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Combine the 2 cups of water and veggie bouillon and set aside.1 tbsp Veggie Bouillon, 2 1/4 cups Water
- Add the cashew and remaining water to a high-speed blender and blend until nice and smooth. This is your cashew cream to add to your soup. Remove the cream from the blender and add to a small bowl and set aside.2 1/4 cups Water, 1/4 cup Raw Cashews
- Remove the roasted veggies from the oven and add to the blender. Add in the salt and pepper, and the basil. Blend until it's nice and creamy.1/2 tsp Pepper, 1 bunch Fresh Basil, 1/2 tsp Salt
- Serve the soup in a bowl with a spoonful of cashew cream. Top with fresh cracked pepper and extra basil if you'd like.