This Vegan Creamy Cajun Pasta is a quick and easy dinner recipe. This pasta dish is full of flavor and is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes. Filled with veggies this is a perfect dinner option for busy weeknights.Jump to Recipe
Pasta dinners are some of my favorite dinners to make! They’re so easy to make and are a huge hit in our house. This vegan creamy cajun pasta comes together in about 25 minutes and is oil-free and can easily be made gluten-free.
This recipe is super customizable, I used green beans in this dish but you can use your favorite veggies like broccoli, zucchini, or any other veggies you have around. Let’s get started making this delicious recipe!
Table of contents
Ingredients to make vegan creamy cajun pasta
I thought creamy pasta was never going to be the same when I went vegan but I guarantee you this vegan creamy pasta is so rich and comforting you won’t miss the dairy! Here’s everything you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Pasta – I used tortiglioni for this recipe but you can use any pasta you have on hand. Sub for gluten-free pasta if gluten-free!
- Green beans – you can use your favorite veggie here
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Canned coconut cream
- Veggie broth – you can use veggie bouillon and water instead!
- Flour – you can substitute this for cornstarch if gluten-free!
- Cajun spice
- Italian seasoning
How to make vegan creamy cajun pasta
This recipe comes together quickly. It looks like a lot of steps below but it really isn’t I wanted to show you all of the steps so you can make this at home perfectly every time! Check out the recipe card below for the full recipe:
How to store vegan cajun pasta?
The leftover vegan creamy cajun pasta is best stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
The best way to reheat pasta
Reheat the leftover pasta in the microwave dished up on a microwave-safe plate or bowl for 1-2 minutes depending on the strength of your microwave and serving size.
What customizations can I make?
The sky’s the limit when customizing this vegan creamy cajun pasta! Here are a few options:
- Replace the green beans with your favorite veggies
- Add in baked tofu for added protein
- Cook up some vegan sausage for a spicy addition
- Serve alongside some air-fried “chkn” nuggets
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Creamy Cajun Pasta
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb green beans (optional chop into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 lb pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once the water starts boiling cook pasta to the package instructions (about 11 minutes)1 lb pasta
- While the pasta is cooking. Dice up the onion and garlic. Add to a saucepan over medium heat. Saute with a small amount of vegetable broth. Cook until onions are soft and translucent.1 medium onion, 4 cloves garlic
- Add the Italian seasoning, cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper to the onion mixture. Stir to fully combine.1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tbsp cajun seasoning, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add the flour to the coconut cream, and whisk until they're well combined.1 can coconut cream, 2 tbsp flour
- Add the green beans, canned tomatoes, and the rest of the vegetable broth to the onion mixture. Stir to fully combine.1 lb green beans, 1 cup vegetable broth, 1 can diced tomatoes
- Combine the coconut mixture with the sauce. Stir to combine and allow to boil. This will help thicken the sauce. This shouldn't take more than 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta from the pasta water and add the pasta to the vegan creamy cajun sauce.Stir to fully combine. Serve and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on @Instagram and follow on Pinterest and Facebook for more!
Leave A Reply!