The best vegan double chocolate chip cookies recipe ever. These cookies are soft on the inside and slightly crisp on the outside making these the best vegan chocolate-chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever eat.Jump to Recipe
Have you ever imagined what Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory smells like? You’ll know exactly what it smells like when you make these double chocolate chip cookies.
I had a hard time keeping enough around to take photos for this post because my family would keep coming in to grab another. I might need to put a warning on this post, cookies are too good, beware!
Ingredients to make vegan double chocolate chip cookies
My husband was craving chocolate cookies so I created these little gems that turned out so good I needed to share them with you. These are a 1-bowl super simple cookie recipe that is similar to my classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. You’ll need the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour – I use unbleached organic all-purpose flour. If you don’t have organic that’s okay but do try to go for the unbleached all-purpose flour.
- Organic Sugar – I use organic sugar. You can use whichever you have on hand.
- Brown Sugar – Organic is best but any brown sugar will do.
- Vegan Butter – There are so many great options out there now.
- Vanilla Extract – Pure vanilla extract is best.
- Flax meal – This is the egg replacement. By adding flax meal and water together you get the same effect.
- Cocoa Powder – I get the least processed variety I can find.
- Baking Powder – Aluminum-free if you can find it.
- Baking Soda –
- Salt – Pink Himalayan salt is what I have on hand now. But any salt will do.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips – Check the ingredients of the package to make sure it’s free from milk fat.
- Vegan White Chocolate Chips (optional) – It’s a thing! You can find them easily online. I found these at my local co-op!
How to make double chocolate chip cookies
Making these vegan double chocolate chip cookies is very straightforward. To see the full recipe with instructions check out the recipe card below. Here’s how to make these delicious cookies:
Where can you find vegan white chocolate chips?
I found the ones I used for this recipe at my local co-op. If you cannot find them in your area, you can easily find them online like Amazon.
How to store leftover cookies?
tore your leftover vegan double chocolate chip cookies at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 7 days.
Other comfy vegan recipes to try:
- Vegan Almond Butter Protein Balls
- Vegan Chocolate Cake with Fudgy Ganache Frosting
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Flax Meal
- 2 1/2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Vegan White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and the water. Set aside for a few minutes and allow to thicken.1 tbsp Flax Meal, 2 1/2 tbsp Water
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the butter, both sugars, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Mix well until the sugar has mostly dissolved.1/2 cup Vegan Butter, 1/3 cup Sugar, 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp Vanilla
- Add the flax meal mixture to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until completely dissolved.
- In a different bowl combine the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and flour with a whisk.1/4 cup Cocoa Powder, 1 tsp Baking Powder, 1/4 tsp Baking Soda, 1 cup AP Flour
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until the flour mixture has fully combined.
- Add in the vegan chocolate and white chocolate chips. Fold them in with a spatula so the chips stay intact.1 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips, 1 cup Vegan White Chocolate Chips
- Spoon out a small amount of cookie dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until the edges have browned slightly and the middle isn't doughy looking.