Rice Cakes with Chocolate and Almond Butter is a quick and easy treat that everyone will love. Rice cakes are smothered in almond butter then dipped in dark vegan chocolate then chilled. This is an easy no-bake dessert or snack you can enjoy.Jump to Recipe
I love to snack on something sweet after a long run and this rice cake treat really hits the spot for me. I make these in many different ways switching up the nut butter with whatever I have on hand like peanut butter or even sun butter.
They don’t fill you up but they do hold you over if you’re super hungry and are craving chocolate.
Table of contents
- Ingredients to make rice cakes with chocolate and almond butter
- How to make Rice Cakes with Chocolate and Almond Butter
- Are rice cakes and almond butter good for you?
- Is almond butter healthier than peanut butter?
- How to store the rice cakes with almond butter?
Ingredients to make rice cakes with chocolate and almond butter
To make this rice cake treat you’ll need 4 ingredients and room in your fridge or freezer. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Rice cakes – I used the thin square ones
- Almond butter – you can sub peanut butter or your favorite seed or nut butter if you’d like
- Vegan dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
How to make Rice Cakes with Chocolate and Almond Butter
It might appear that these rice cakes with chocolate and almond butter take a long time to make or are time-consuming but they really come together quite easily and quickly. Here’s how to make this sweet treat:
Are rice cakes and almond butter good for you?
Yes! This sweet treat is filled with good-for-you carbs, fat, and protein. Eating them will fill you up and give you energy.
Is almond butter healthier than peanut butter?
Not really? Both nut butters do offer similar nutritional value. Many kinds of peanut butters on the market do contain added sugar, oil, and salt which would be less healthy. If you are sticking to natural kinds of nut butters then they’re both going to have nutritional advantages.
How to store the rice cakes with almond butter?
The best way to store the rice cakes with almond butter is to keep them in an air-tight container and place them in the fridge for up to a week.
Is this a healthy snack?
Yes! This sweet treat has carbs, fat, and protein. I love to eat one or two after a long run. This will refuel me and keep me going until meal time.
Other comfort food recipes you might enjoy:
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Rice Cakes with Chocolate and Almond Butter
- 6 rice cakes
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Fill a saucepan with water halfway and add to the stovetop over medium heat.
- Place a bowl with the vegan chocolate chips and coconut oil over the saucepan. Stir the chocolate chips and coconut oil while allowing them to melt.1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- While the chocolate is melting, coat the rice cakes with a layer of almond butter. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place them in the freezer for a minute or two.6 rice cakes, 3 tbsp almond butter
- Remove the rice cakes from the freezer and top them with the melted chocolate mixture. Place them back on the parchment-lined baking sheet and place them back in the freezer. Allow the chocolate to harden. This should take 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove the rice cakes from the freezer and touch up any areas with chocolate. You can also add another coat of chocolate and sprinkle crushed almonds on top. This step is completely optional.
- **See notes for customizations
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on @Instagram and follow on Pinterest and Facebook for more!
Leave A Reply!