These Vegan Dinner Rolls are soft, buttery, and so easy to make! Made with 6 ingredients these dinner rolls are a perfect addition to your favorite dinner. They’re completely vegan and you may never buy store-bought dinner rolls again!Jump to Recipe
Okay, I have to say that I really hit the mark with this recipe. This recipe is based on my vegan breadsticks recipe. They’re soft, buttery, and so easy to make.
This recipe takes just 6 common pantry staples and is a perfect bread recipe to make if you’re new to homemade bread making. It comes together in just a few steps and is really hard to mess up!
Table of contents
Ingredients to make vegan dinner rolls
You probably have most of the ingredients on hand. Here’s everything you’ll need to make these dinner rolls.
- Vegan butter
- Oat milk
How to make vegan dinner rolls
These dinner rolls comes together pretty easily and only require a few steps. Be sure to check out the recipe card below for the full ingredient list and extra instructions. Here’s how to make these vegan dinner rolls:
- In a bowl combine 2 cups of the flour, yeast, and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan warm the butter, sugar, and oat milk to 110 degrees F. Do not overheat this will burn your yeast.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir to combine. The dough will be sticky.
- Slowly knead in the remaining 1 cup of flour.
- Add the dough to a greased bowl and cover. Allow it to rise until it doubles in size. About an hour and a half.
- Separate the dough into 12 rolls and add to a greased pan. Allow it to rise until it doubles in size. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake the vegan dinner rolls for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Storing and reheating
Store these vegan dinner rolls in an air-tight container in the fridge or at room temperature for up to 3 days. To reheat you can microwave them. Enjoy them warm or at room temperature.
No, most dinner rolls do contain dairy and some contain eggs. It’s important to read the ingredients before purchasing store-bought dinner rolls.
I used all-purpose flour for this recipe. If you want to use whole wheat flour you’ll want to increase the amount of oat milk you use as the whole wheat flour requires more liquid.
Other comfy vegan recipes
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Dinner Rolls
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup oat milk
- 3 cup all-purpose flour Give or take 1/2 cup.
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In a saucepan heat the sugar, oat milk, and vegan butter until the butter just starts to melt. About 110 degrees F. Do not over-heat the milk mixture as it will burn the yeast.1/4 cup vegan butter, 1 1/2 cup oat milk, 1 tbsp sugar
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups of the all-purpose flour, yeast, and salt with a whisk.2 1/4 tsp yeast, 1 tsp salt, 3 cup all-purpose flour
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture. Stir to combine. The mixture will be very wet.
- Gradually knead the rest of the flour on a lightly floured surface. You may not need to use the full amount of flour or you might use more. See notes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, and cover. Allow the dough to rise for about 1 1/2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and break them up into 12 pieces. Shape the dough into circles. Place them on a greased pan.Allow the dinner rolls to sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the rolls for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.