This Vegan Caesar Salad recipe is so easy to make and tastes amazing. Use this as a dip, in wraps, on salads, or top on roasted veggies. The dressing goes quickly it makes 2 large salads but you might want to double the batch.Jump to Recipe
I don’t post many salads on the blog but we all need a good vegan Caesar salad recipe. Caesar salad was really hard for me to give up when I went vegan. I had no idea how simple it was to make at home until I got a big craving for it.
Use this dressing on salads, in wraps, as a dip, or drizzle over roasted veggies. It’s really easy to make and super versatile.
Table of contents
What is vegan Caesar dressing made of?
This vegan Caesar dressing is made up of vegan mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and other vegan-friendly ingredients.
Ingredients to make vegan caesar salad
This recipe is more than just the dressing. I’m including some croutons and roasted tofu to add to the top. This salad will fill you up but you still might have room for a cookie or two. 😉
- Nutritional yeast
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Almond milk (any unsweetened plant-based milk will work)
- Apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Dijon mustard
- Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
How to make vegan caesar salad
This recipe comes together really quickly. Making the homemade croutons and grilling tofu does give you a lot of moving parts but don’t worry, it’s all really easy to make! Check out the recipe card below for the full recipe and instructions. Here’s how to make this delicious salad:
How to store vegan caesar salad
Store the this salad in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Is caesar salad vegan?
Typical Caesar salad is not vegan. There are anchovies and the base is cow dairy based. The salads are also topped with dairy parmesan too.
Other comfy vegan recipes
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Caesar Salad
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- 2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup Vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 10 oz Firm tofu
- 1 medium baguette (5 oz)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop the baguette into slices and then chop those slices in halves. Place them in a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil all over them. This will provide nice and crunchy croutons. Bake them for 10-15 minutes, or until croutons are golden brown.1 medium baguette (5 oz), 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Chop tofu into small cubes. Cook them in a skillet with olive oil until golden on the sides. This will take about 12-15 minutes.10 oz Firm tofu, 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Add the nutrition yeast, vegan mayonnaise, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, garlic, vegan Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Mix all the ingredients of the dressing well with a whisk.2 tbsp Nutritional yeast, 1/2 cup Vegan mayonnaise, 2 tbsp Almond milk, 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar, 1 clove garlic (minced), 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 tsp Black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut up the head of romaine lettuce. Add to a large salad bowl.1 head Romaine lettuce
- Bring all the ingredients of the salad into a big salad bowl and garnish with vegan caesar dressing. Top with the prepared tofu and croutons. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.