Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese is a classic comfort casserole turned vegan! It’s cheesy, creamy, full of flavor, and ready to enjoy in just 30 minutes. This vegan mac and cheese recipe is easy to make and a perfect weeknight dinner.Jump to Recipe
There really isn’t a dish that screams comfort food than mac and cheese. This vegan baked mac and cheese is cheesy, creamy, and so delicious. This recipe is super easy to make and a perfect weeknight dinner.
This is a great dish to make if you need to feed a crowd or are looking for what I like to call a double dinner (dinner with leftovers for the next day)!
Table of contents
What is vegan mac and cheese made of?
This baked vegan mac and cheese is made with some common vegan pantry staples. Here’s everything you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Almond milk
- Vegan cheddar chz
- Vegan mozzarella chz
- AP Flour
- Vegan parmesan chz
- Vegan butter
- Italian seasoning
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika
- Red pepper flakes
How to make Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese
Most of this vegan baked mac and cheese is made on the cooktop it’s then finished off in the oven. Here’s how to make this vegan mac and cheese:
Is vegan cheese good for baking?
Vegan cheese has come a long way! The vegan cheese in the stores now is great to use for baking. It melts beautifully and tastes great!
Is vegan cheese healthy?
Vegan cheese is made with oil so it isn’t considered health food.
How to store vegan baked mac and cheese?
To store this casserole, cover your casserole dish and place it in the fridge for 3 days.
How to reheat the vegan mac and cheese?
The best way to reheat this vegan baked mac and cheese, reheat it in the oven. You can also reheat it in the microwave but the pasta may come out overcooked.
Other comfy vegan recipes
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1/2 cup vegan butter divided
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan divided
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the macaroni per the package instructions.1 lb macaroni
- Using 1/4 cup of the butter, melt it in a saucepan. Add the 1/4 cup of flour and stir until it makes a paste.1/2 cup vegan butter, 1/4 cup flour
- Slowly stir in the milk and allow it to thicken.1 cup almond milk
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the milk mixture.Make sure all of the ingredients are well combined.1 tsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Next add the vegan cheddar cheese, vegan mozzarella cheese, and half of the vegan parmesan cheese to the sauce mixture.1/2 cup vegan parmesan, 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese, 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- In a small saucepan combine the remaining 1/4 cup of vegan butter, the other half of the vegan parmesan, and the panko bread crumbs. Stir until well combined.1/2 cup vegan butter, 1/2 cup vegan parmesan, 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Drain the cooked macaroni and add it to a casserole dish. Pour the cheese mixture over top. Stir until well combined and flatten out the mixture.
- Top the vegan mac and cheese with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.