This Vegan Black Bean Soup is a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for those busy weeknights. Made with 6 ingredients this recipe is ready to enjoy in just 10 minutes! Serve with avocado, vegan cheese, and some tortilla chips and you’ve got yourself the easiest dinner ever!Jump to Recipe
Sometimes you need a meal that takes like 10 minutes to make and requires just a few ingredients. This vegan black bean soup is that recipe! This is one of those recipes that we always have the ingredients on hand and anyone can whip up in no time.
This might just become your new favorite busy weeknight dinner! All you need is 6 ingredients and you can top this soup with your favorite toppings like vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, avocado, and chips to make this a filling and hearty bowl of soup!
Table of contents
Ingredients to make this vegan black bean soup
Like I said earlier, you’ll need just 6 ingredients that most of us all have on hand you can add in more ingredients or leave a few out. That’s the great thing about this super customizable soup recipe. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Black beans
- Green onions
- Vegetable broth
How to make vegan black bean soup
To make this vegan black bean soup gather up those ingredients and follow the steps below. For the full recipe and extra tips and tricks check out the printable recipe card below.
Yes! Black beans are high in fiber and protein. They will fill you up and keep you full for a long time.
I thicken this vegan black bean soup by blending half of the beans with the salsa and vegetable broth.
Store this soup in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
What toppings to add?
Toppings are the best part of this recipe in my opinion! The options are almost endless. Here are some toppings I add to a bowl of vegan black bean soup:
- Vegan sour cream
- Vegan cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Green onions
Other comfy vegan recipes to try:
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Black Bean Soup
- 1 can black beans *divided
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup corn *fresh or frozen
- 2 green onions 1/4 cup chopped
- Drain and rinse the can of black beans then add 1/2 of the black beans to a saucepan.1 can black beans
- Add in the veggie broth, salsa, and cumin. Stir to combine and add to medium-high heat.1 cup vegetable broth, 1 cup salsa, 1 tsp cumin
- Once the soup comes to almost a boil, with your immersion blender blend the mixture until most of the beans have been broken up.
- Add the remainder of the black beans, corn, and green onions. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.1 cup corn, 2 green onions, 1 can black beans
- Remove from heat and top your soup with your favorite vegan Mexican toppings!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on @Instagram and follow on Pinterest and Facebook for more!
Leave A Reply!