Easy Vegan Waffles! This vegan waffles recipe is so quick and easy to make. Filled with whole wheat flour, oats, and almond flour these waffles are hearty and taste amazing. Ready to enjoy in less than 15 minutes.Jump to Recipe
We eat these waffles at least once a week in our home. Sure we’ll enjoy vegan pancakes and vegan french toast from time to time but these waffles are a staple!
My husband and I are long-distance runners and we love breakfast! These easy waffles are really quick to whip up and they’re hearty so they keep us full without crashing about 20 minutes after eating them like other recipes.
Table of contents
Ingredients to make Vegan Waffles
These easy vegan waffles are made with common pantry staples. Here’s everything you’ll need to make them:
- Whole wheat flour
- All-purpose flour
- Almond flour
- Oat flour
- Baking powder
- Oat milk
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Balsamic vinegar
How to make vegan waffles
This vegan waffle recipe comes together really quickly and only requires just a few simple steps. Make sure to take a look at the recipe card below for the full recipe and detailed steps.
How to store vegan waffles
Store the vegan waffles in an air-tight container or a large freezer bag. Store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
The best way to reheat waffles
The best way to reheat the waffles from the fridge is to microwave them for 30 seconds then toast them on the lighted setting.
If your vegan waffles are frozen, microwave them for 45 seconds then toast them on a medium-low setting.
What are the best toppings for vegan waffles?
The options are endless when topping your vegan waffles. Here are some of my favorite toppings:
- Peanut butter and maple syrup
- Vegan butter and maple syrup
- Homemade vegan chia seed berry jam
- Berry jam
- Butter, warmed berries, and vegan whipped cream (it’s incredible, you need to try it!)
Other comfy vegan recipes
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Easy Vegan Waffles
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cup oat milk (any dairy-free milk will work)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Plug in your waffle iron
- In a small bowl combine the milk and balsamic vinegar2 cup oat milk (any dairy-free milk will work), 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Add the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oatmeal, almond flour, and baking powder to a bowl. Stir to combine.1/3 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup almond flour, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp baking powder
- In the small bowl with the milk add the sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp maple syrup (plus more for topping), 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the flour mixture. Stir to combine and make sure you get all of the lumps out.
- Spray the waffle iron with a bit of oil spray. Spoon out some batter to the waffle iron. Allow the waffle to cook for 8-10 minutes. This depends on how crispy and how fast your waffle iron cooks.
- Top with your favorite butter and syrup. You can also top your waffles with berries and vegan whipped cream!