Vegan Gluten-Free Apple Crisp is a go-to fall dessert that you can make with just a few ingredients! Top with your favorite vegan vanilla ice cream to take this comforting dessert to the next level. Easy to make this apple crisp recipe is gluten-free and vegan which makes it suitable for almost every occasion!Jump to Recipe
Apples are a big deal in my area. Maybe that’s because I live in Washington and apples grow everywhere here. So when it’s apple season we are making a lot of apple dishes like apple butter, apple pie, and of course apple crisp.
This is my gluten-free version, you can check out my vegan apple crisp if you’re not gluten-free or want some variety in your life. This is really easy to make and everyone will love it. Make sure you have some Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream on hand because this really tastes better with a scoop on top!
Table of contents
Ingredients to make Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Crisp
To make this gluten-free apple crisp you’ll need 11 ingredients and many you probably have on hand. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Lemon juice
- Brown sugar
- Gluten-free oats
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour
How to make gluten-free vegan apple crisp
This recipe comes together rather quickly and is really easy to make. My kids helped me make this when they were younger. Don’t forget to check out the recipe card below for the full recipe and directions.
How to store gluten-free vegan apple crisp
This gluten-free vegan apple crisp stores well covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. This recipe is better while freshly made, as with time, the crumble will absorb the moisture of the apple filling and get soft and soggy.
My suggestion would be to reheat this in the oven so it’ll crisp back up.
What apples work best for apple crisp?
Tart apples work really well for this recipe. You’ll want to use apples like granny smith or honey crisp. The natural sugars mellow out while cooking.
Are oats gluten-free?
Oats are not always gluten-free because of pollination. If you are gluten-free check the label of the oats you’re buying. They will be marked as gluten-free if they are.
Other comfy vegan recipes:
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Gluten-Free Apple Crisp
- 4 medium apples (like granny smith or honey crisp) peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the apple filling in a large bowl. Then place them in a large baking dish. (mine was a 9" round baking dish). Set aside.4 medium apples, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To make the crumble, combine brown sugar, oats, melted coconut oil, almond flour, cornstarch, and salt. Use your hands to combine the ingredients evenly. Then spread it over the apple filling.1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup gluten-free oats, 1/3 cup melted coconut oil, 1/2 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1/4 tsp salt
- Bake your apple crisp for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the crumble turns brownish.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of your favorite vegan vanilla ice cream.