This Vegan Tofu Stir Fry is filled with flavor and loaded with vegetables. This recipe comes together quickly and is a great way to get amazing plant-based protein in your diet. Serve as-is or with rice, noodles, chopped peanuts, fresh lime juice, sesame oil, and seeds.Jump to Recipe
When I first went vegan I hated tofu. I felt like it had no flavor and the texture was weird. Well once I started messing with it and cooking it myself, I realized it was because I wasn’t eating it correctly. The key to good tofu is pressing out the excess liquid and pre-cooking it.
This recipe is so easy to make and is a perfect weeknight dinner option. You can serve this as is or if you’re in need of some extra starchy carbs serve it with rice or noodles. Top with some fresh lime juice and chopped peanuts.
Table of contents
Ingredients to make vegan tofu stir fry
The ingredient list looks long but this includes lots of veggies and the sauce. Don’t let it intimidate you. Here’s everything you’ll need to make this delicious vegan tofu stir fry.
- Corn Starch
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Green Onions
- Red Onions
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Sriracha Sauce
- Maple Syrup
- Chili Flakes
How to make vegan tofu stir fry
This recipe comes together really quickly. Grab your cutting board, wok, and the recipe so we can make this tofu stir fry! Don’t forget to check out the recipe card below for the full recipe and directions.
How to make the tofu without it falling apart?
The key to getting crispy tofu, use extra firm tofu. Drain and press out the excess moisture. Then you’ll want to pre-cook the tofu by coating it in cornstarch and cooking in a tablespoon of oil until the tofu is golden brown.
How to store vegan tofu stir fry
Store the vegan tofu stir fry in an air-tight container and in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to reheat tofu stir fry?
To reheat the tofu stir fry use the microwave or reheat it in a skillet.
What to serve with vegan tofu stir fry?
You can serve this as-is or serve this with rice or stir fry noodles.
Other comfy vegan recipes:
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Tofu Stir Fry
Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 lb extra firm tofu
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 3 green onions
- 2 medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Prepare the stir-fry sauce by mixing its ingredients in a bowl.1/2 cup soy sauce, 1 tbsp sriracha sauce, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1 tbsp grated ginger, 2 tsp cornstarch, 1/4 cup water
- Drain and press the tofu to release excess moisture. Then chop the tofu into bite-sized cubes. Coat with cornstarch.Cook the tofu until crispy in a large wok with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once it's evenly golden, remove it from the wok and place it on a plate.1 lb extra firm tofu, 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Chop the veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the wok and add the chopped carrot and stir until it becomes golden, then add chopped onion and peppers and stir. Then, fold in broccoli florets and cook until soft. Last but not least, add sliced green onion and stir.1 head broccoli, 1 medium red bell pepper, 1 medium yellow bell pepper, 1 medium carrot, 3 green onions, 2 medium red onion, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves garlic
- Incorporate prepared tofu and the sauce. Stir over heat for a couple of minutes for the sauce to thicken and to bold in flavors.
- Serve with rice, noodles, chopped peanuts, fresh lime juice, sesame oil, and seeds.