This Vegan Orange and Chocolate Marble Cake is moist and full of flavor. This vegan marble cake is the perfect dessert. Dust with some powdered sugar and enjoy with a cup of coffee.Jump to Recipe
Have you noticed that I love all things sweet? Cookies, pies, and cake. It doesn’t matter what baked sweet treat, I’ll probably love it! This vegan orange and chocolate marble cake is sooo delicious!
This recipe turned out just mouthwatering! Orange and chocolate can never go wrong. It’s soft and moist, and you can taste the chocolate and orange flavors. It’s perfect to have as a dessert with a cup of tea or coffee.
Table of contents
But first, why is it called marble cake?
A marble cake, also known as Marmor, is a cake with a streaked appearance (like a marble). It’s achieved by very lightly blending the chocolate and orange batter.
How do you marble this cake?
When you make the cake batter, before it’s finished the batter will be divided into two bowls. The orange flavor will be added to one bowl, and cacao powder will be added to the other bowl.
Then when it’s time to add the batter to your bundt pan, a small amount of each batter will be added at a time. Follow the directions below to learn how to marble this cake!
Ingredients to make Vegan Orange and Chocolate Marble Cake
This cake is really easy to make and will impress your friends and family. Here’s the list of ingredients you’ll need to make this vegan marble cake:
- Vanilla Extract
- Orange Juice
- Vegetable Oil
- Non-Dairy Milk
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Orange Zest
- Cacao Powder
How to Make Vegan Orange and Chocolate Marble Cake
The steps to make these marble cake is very simple. Making a marble cake might seem difficult but it couldn’t be easier. Here’s how to make this vegan orange and chocolate marble cake:
How to Store Leftovers?
Store leftovers, covered, in the fridge for up to five days.
Why is my vegan cake too moist?
If your cake comes out too moist that might mean that you didn’t add enough flour. Also, make sure that your baking powder is newer than 6 months old.
Other Comfy Vegan Recipes
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Orange and Chocolate Marble Cake
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Take an 8’’ bundt cake mold, oil it, and dust it with flour. Place it into a baking tray and leave it aside.
- Mix oil, ¾ cup of non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and orange juice in a large bowl.1 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 3/4 cup non-dairy milk, 3 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/3 cup orange juice
- Once it’s all well combined, add flour and stir until incorporated.2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Then, divide the cake batter into two bowls.
- Add cacao powder and one tbsp of non-dairy milk to one of the bowls. Stir to combine1/4 cup cacao powder, 1 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Then add the orange zest to the other bowl. Stir each mixture until both are well combined.1 tsp orange zest
- Take the prepared mold, and pour some of the chocolate batter, followed by some of the orange batter. Repeat this process for the rest of the mixture. Once you finish, shake the mold to the sides to level the cake.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick, comes out clean. Let the cake cool over the counter before unmolding.
- Optional: dust some powdered sugar over the top of the cake before serving.