So easy to make and delicious you’re going to love this Vegan Chickpea Salad Recipe. Made with 7 ingredients and ready to enjoy in just 10 minutes. Serve this Chickpea Salad with crackers, in a sandwich, or on some lettuce. This is the perfect snack, lunch, or no-bake dinner recipe.Jump to Recipe
I eat this recipe at least 3 times a week during the summer months. It’s the easiest recipe to whip up and cleaning up is a breeze!
For this recipe, I use my food processor and pulse it about 5 times, and then it’s ready to eat! I’ll serve this as an appetizer with crackers, in a sandwich for a more filling option, or even over lettuce. It’s the perfect summertime recipe.
It’s also a perfect recipe to use when you make your own Vegan Mayo!
Table of contents
Ingredients to Make Vegan Chickpea Salad
All you need are seven ingredients to whip up this easy salad recipe. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- Red bell pepper – you can use any colored bell pepper
- Dill relish – if you’re out of relish, you can sub dill pickles
- Dijon mustard
- Vegan mayo – make your own or store-bought
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Vegan Chickpea Salad
To make this vegan chickpea salad grab your food processor and follow these simple steps. Be sure to check out the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
How long is chickpea salad good for in the fridge?
This recipe stores well in the fridge in an air-tight container for 2-3 days.
Is mayo vegan?
Some mayo is vegan! Most mayo you find in the store is made with egg so please make sure you read the ingredients. Vegan mayo is labeled vegan. You can also make your own. (I have a recipe for that!)
Are chickpeas good for you?
Yes! Chickpeas are filled with fiber and protein. They’re also filled with vitamins and minerals like choline, folate, magnesium, potassium, and iron.
Can you eat canned chickpeas raw?
No! People should not eat raw chickpeas because they contain sugars and toxins that make them difficult to digest. Consuming raw chickpeas can lead to stomach aches, digestion problems, and more.
You can, however, eat canned chickpeas without re-cooking them!
Other comfy vegan recipes
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Roughly chop the red bell pepper then add all the ingredients to a food processor.1 can chickpeas, 1/4 cup dill pickle relish, 1 medium red bell pepper, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1/4 cup vegan mayo, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pulse 5-8 times or until ingredients are mixed well and chopped up.
- Serve with crackers or on bread with tomato and lettuce and a filling sandwich.