These Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and soft on the inside. Made with common vegan pantry staples they’re so easy to make. They’re sweet, with a bold vanilla and chocolate flavor. Great as a snack or with coffee.Jump to Recipe
I love these muffins so much! I mean, it doesn’t get much better than the vanilla and chocolate flavor you get in these muffins! They’re super moist on the inside with a slight crust on the outside.
They are so easy to make and muffins cook rather quickly so you can enjoy them in no time!
Enjoy them as a snack with a cup of tea or coffee or as dessert. Breakfast? Hey why not, I’ve had one or two as breakfast. 😉
Table of contents
Ingredients to Make Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
These vegan chocolate chip muffins are made up of some common vegan pantry staples. Here’s everything you’ll need to make these muffins:
- Canola oil (or any neutral oil)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vegan chocolate (or vegan chocolate chips)
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
To make these vegan muffins it’s quite similar to making any other muffin or cake recipe. Make sure to check out the recipe card below for the complete list and steps to make these vegan chocolate chip muffins. Here are the steps:
Are vegan muffins healthier than regular muffins?
Sure! These muffins are free from eggs, milk, and butter. However, these do contain oil and sugar. They aren’t considered a health food but they are healthier than typical chocolate chip muffins.
Are chocolate chips vegan?
Not always! Make sure to read the ingredients to make sure it’s free of milk. Most of them are marked as vegan if they’re vegan.
What makes a muffin fluffy?
The addition of vinegar and baking powder makes these muffins rise.
How to store leftover muffins?
Store any leftovers over the counter for up to four days or in the fridge for one week. You can keep these muffins frozen for up to three months.
Other comfy vegan recipes
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3/4 cup Oat milk
- 3/4 cup Canola oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 10 oz Vegan chocolate (1 cup vegan chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Preprepare a 12 muffin pan with 12 muffin papers. Pro-tip: grease the inside of the muffin liners with spray oil. Set it aside.
- Mix oat milk, canola oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.3/4 cup Oat milk, 3/4 cup Canola oil, 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Next, add sugar and mix to incorporate.1 1/3 cup Sugar
- In a different bowl, mix all-purpose flour with baking powder and salt. Then, combine it into a large bowl with the wet ingredients. Don’t overmix the muffin batter to avoid hard muffins.3 cups All-purpose flour, 3 tsp Baking powder, 1/2 tsp Salt
- Now it’s time to add chocolate. If using a chocolate bar, chop it into small chunks and use ⅔ of the amount inside the muffins and ⅓ on top.If using chocolate chips, add ⅔ cup inside and leave ¼ cup for the top (add more if desired). To add the chocolate, simply fold it in and stir until combined.10 oz Vegan chocolate
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin papers. Then, add the remaining chocolate on top.
- Finally, bake these muffins for 25 to 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Important: Do not open the oven’s door before the first 20 minutes of baking time, or you could end up with flat muffins!
- Let them cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan, and then remove them, so they don’t get wet on the base. Enjoy!