The ultimate fall muffin you’re going to love these Vegan Apple Muffins. They’re soft, sweet, and topped with a delicious crumb coat. These easy-to-make moist muffins will remind you of ones you’ll find at your local bakery. They’re made in one bowl and ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!Jump to Recipe
Like my bakery-style vegan blueberry muffins, these vegan apple muffins are ones I make all of the time this time of year. We have 5 apple trees at our house so I’m always making apple recipes in the fall. We can only eat so much apple pie, apple crisp, gluten-free apple crisp, or can so much apple sauce.
These apple muffins have chunks of apples throughout the muffins and the crumb coat takes these muffins to the next level! Perfect for breakfast, a snack, or a light dessert!
Ingredients to make vegan apple muffins
To make these vegan apple muffins you’ll need a few common pantry staples. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Baking powder
- Flax meal + water
- Apple cider vinegar
How to make vegan apple muffins
These muffins can be made in one bowl and take about 8 minutes to put together. Make sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for the full recipe. Here’s how to make these muffins
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water. Set aside
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients.
- Sprinkle in the cinnamon.
- Fold in the peeled and chopped apples.
- Add the muffin batter to a prepared muffin pan.
- Top with crumb coating.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yes! Some muffin mixes are vegan but you want to read the ingredient list to confirm that the mix is free of animal products.
I would recommend it but it’s not necessary. The peels might make the muffins hard to eat.
Store your vegan apple muffins in an air-tight container on the counter or in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can eat them cold or slightly warmed in the microwave.
Other comfy vegan recipes:
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Apple Muffins
Vegan Apple Muffins
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp flax meal + 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medium apples chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a muffin pan with spray oil or if you'd like to use muffin papers, add those to your muffin pan.
- Peel, core, and cut the apples. Set aside.
- Combine the flax meal and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a whisk stir to combine.1 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add the flax/water mixture, oil, oat milk, and apple cider vinegar to the dry ingredients. Stir to fully combine.1 tbsp flax meal + 2 tbsp water, 1 cup oat milk, 1/4 cup oil, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Stir in the cinnamon1 tsp cinnamon
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the apples.2 medium apples
- Next, it's time to make the crumb coat. Combine the flour, sugar, and vegan butter to a small bowl. Using your hands mix the ingredients together until it resembles crumbs.2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Scoop out the muffin batter to the muffin tin. Then sprinkle some crumb coating over the top. Repeat this process until all of the muffin batter and crumb coating is used.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.