Easy to make and so delicious you’re going to love these Vegan Blackberry Oatmeal Bars. Made with 7 ingredients and only 10-minutes of prep these blackberry oat bars are the perfect summertime treat. Fully vegan and can be made gluten-free.Jump to Recipe
Oatmeal bars are one of those treats I forget about and then when I make one batch I continue to make them over and over. They’re so easy to make and customizable! I love to make them with Raspberries, Blueberries, Apples, and Strawberries.
These Vegan Blackberry Oatmeal Bars are made with 7 ingredients and take less than 10 minutes to prep. Serve these up as a dessert, snack, or even for breakfast! Let’s get to making these simple oat bars.
Ingredients to make these vegan blackberry oatmeal bars
The ingredient list is pretty small and uses common vegan pantry staples! Here’s everything you’ll need to gather:
- Flour (gluten-free if you’d like)
- Oats (use gluten-free oats if follow GF)
- Vegan butter
- Baking powder
- Corn starch
- Brown sugar
- Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
How to make vegan blackberry oat bars
To make these vegan oat bars you’ll need to follow these simple steps. Check out the recipe card below for the full recipe and extra tips.
How to store these oat bars?
Store these vegan blackberry oatmeal bars in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. I store them in the fridge and warm them in the microwave for about 15 seconds before eating them.
Can I use frozen blackberries?
Yes! Frozen berries work really well in this recipe. You’ll need a few more minutes to cook the berries but that’s all!
Are oats naturally gluten-free?
Some oats are gluten-free but some are not. If you have a gluten allergy it’s wise to only purchase oats that are marked as gluten-free.
Can I use other berries?
Yes! You can use raspberries, apples, chocolate, strawberries, vegan Nutella, cherries, or any other of your favorite fruit!
Is this oatmeal bar recipe healthy?
This recipe isn’t however, there are some swap-outs you can use to make this recipe a bit healthier. Look at the customizations below to make these healthier.
These oatmeal bars aren’t the healthiest however, there are a few swap-outs you can use to make them healthier. Here’s what use:
- Vegan butter – coconut oil or apple sauce
- Sugar – dates, date paste, or granulated dates
- All-purpose flour – whole wheat flour, gluten-free flour, oat flour
If you make this recipe please let me know in the comments below. Don’t forget to rate this recipe. Follow me for daily vegan recipes on TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram. Receive recipes right in your inbox by signing up for my free recipe newsletter here.
Vegan Blackberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a bowl combine the flour, oats, baking powder, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup oats, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Cut in the butter to the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.1/2 cup vegan butter
- In a saucepan combine the blackberries, corn starch, and 1/3 cup of brown sugar over medium heat. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes or until bubbly.2 cups blackberries, 1 tbsp corn starch, 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Add 2/3's of the crust/crumb mixture to a 6×12 or 8×8 pan. Press crust down and flatten.
- Pour the blackberry sauce mixture onto the crust.
- Top with the remaining crumb coating. Optional, top with more blackberries.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.